Welcome to Class 5 with
A big welcome back to school and I hope we are all looking forward to a new term, with lots of exciting learning opportunities ahead of us.
Let’s grow! A crunchy carrot, some heavenly herbs or maybe the perfect potato. Dig deep and put your back into it, planting and nurturing your vegetables.
During this topic, the children will have the chance to plant their own crops, looking after them throughout before eventually harvesting them! We will need to discover what plants need to grow in order to produce a Grower’s Guide to Potatoes.
In Geography this term we will be learning all about different types of farms and where food comes from, researching how far our food travels before it reaches our plates. In Science we will investigate which materials are biodegradable as well as looking into plant reproduction, pollination and the different parts of a plant.
After all that hard work, have your fingers gone green?
- PE will continue to be on Thursdays for a full afternoon with Mrs Towers. Please ensure correct kits are in school on this day. Kits should consist of a t-shirt, shorts/ jogging bottoms and trainers.
- Spelling research homework will be given out on Thursdays to be in on Tuesdays of the next week. There will be a spelling test on Tuesdays also.
- Guided reading activities are continuing this term. Your child will be asked to read a text and then given a follow up task to complete in their reading journals. Children should be listened to read every day for about 10 minutes. Please write a comment in your child's reading diary as this means they can earn Dojo points in class.
- We will be continuing with our creative homework approach. Last term was a huge success with many pupils bringing in projects that they had completed at home. Thank you for all your support with this.
- I am very much looking forward to the term ahead and I would like to thank you all for your support and hard work thus far.
Kind regards, Miss Summerfield.